9/10 of the women visiting our studio have a passion for beauty – or at least leave our studios with one!
The internet can provide you with endless beauty and skincare tips, but it’s difficult to know where to look, and who to trust! So, every two weeks we’ll be testing the nation’s favourite beauty apps to dig out the very best apps for our customers ( and readers! ).
For the past two weeks, we have been trying out Slapp, an app that claims to be able to find your perfect shade of foundation, highlighter and powder.
The app didn’t take long to download and signing up was easy, with an option to use your Facebook account. You’re immediately taken to the home page which features up to date beauty advice, and reviews of newly launched and trending products.
However, what we were really interested in was how on earth the app calculates your perfect shade? Upon clicking on the small camera, you are given the option to upload a selfie or take a photo there and then. They provide you with tips for how to take a photograph with the best lighting and at the best angle.
– The app was easy to use, and didn’t take long to set up.
– Slapp provides endless articles on new beauty releases – something us beauty lovers are constantly on the lookout for!
– There’s an option to purchase the products you’re matched with there and then, which eliminates the hassle of having to search for the products in your shade on another website.
– The website only matches to products that are suitable for ALL skin types, so if you’ve got oily skin, there’s no risk of you being matched with a product specifically for dry skin.
– It didn’t work! After uploading a photograph taken in good lighting and at a good angle, Slapp recommended products in the shade ‘medium’, for somebody with very fair skin.
– Some of the products recommended can be purchased whatever your skin colour, for example setting spray. Which means the amount of products you’re recommended based on your your skin colour is limited.
This app is a great tool for keeping up to date with beauty news and tutorials on popular looks, but if it’s a colour match you’re looking for, then you’re best visiting your closest beauty counter for them to look at your skin in person.
Keep an eye on the blog for more app reviews!