It’s time to feel FESTIVE! So, pamper, pluck and pucker up for December’s crammed social calendar. Although we’re all totally ready to put our feet up and stuff our faces with mince pies and turkey, there’s partying to do before the big day! Whether it’s a family gathering, a night out with the girls or an office party, our prep routine tips, makeup inspo, hairstyle hacks and outfit ideas mean you can “SLEIGH” all season …
Prep and pamper
‘Tis the season to SPARKLE! Treat yo’ skin to some loving the night before your party and you’ll reap the results when you wake up feeling fab.
- *Start by getting a serious glow. We know how the Winter weather can upset the skin, so use a purifying peel-off facial mask to lift dead skin cells, purify pores and leave skin plumped and moisturised.
- *Next up, we’re avoiding bad hair days at all costs!!! Apply a rich hair mask the night before your event and you’ll thank yourself later when you wake up to silky smooth hair.
- *Want to dare that short dress collecting dust in your wardrobe? If yes, then a top-to-toe body oil will do your skin the world of good and make your legs look AMAZING, we promise!
- *Party season always calls for a fresh manicure! If your bank account is dedicated to last-minute gifts and going-out outfits, why not grab your fave nail polish rather than booking a nail appointment? With a festive silver or powder blue colour, you should be able to get through the season chip-free until the New Year. And don’t forget the toenails ladies!
Even the most minimalistic of make-up wearers can embrace the fun and flair that party season offers. And being the beauty fanatics we are, we’re brimming with ideas on how to go above and beyond with your celebrations this year!
- *If you can’t wear a little glitter around Christmas time, then when can you? The glitter lip is a Flawless favourite. It might slow down your consumption of Christmas pud, but we think it’s worth trying out for the Instagram pics!
- *A classic red lip shouts Christmas and bright, scarlet shades are on our hotlist this season. Dark colours can be unforgiving to dry, chapped lips though, so begin with a balm or scrub then apply your product with a lip-brush.
- *Frosty white highlighters and eyeshadows are giving us major snow queen feels this season. We recommend applying to the cheekbones, inner eye and bridge of the nose with a fan brush to look POPPING from all the right angles.
- *We live for glitter and liquid eyeliner, so a glitter liner is a no-brainer! While the eyeliner is a classic move for an evening look, the added shimmer will give you that effortless touch of festivity.
If you’re reading this, you either (1) are fed up of frizzy haired flops and curling disasters or (2) are too lazy to go to the hairdressers to do anything about it. But, either way, your hair needs to look the bomb so here’s some hacks.
- *If it’s the night of your work office party and you’re going straight from desk-to-dancefloor, throw your hair up into a high bun and leave some face-framing pieces. Glam up the hairstyle with a hair accessory or scrunchie.
- *Flat-haired fails sound familiar? No worries! Take a comb and create a deep side parting for natural volume before adding a spritz of hairspray. On the lower parting, add some bobby pins to jazz it up a little.
- *An oldie but a goldie! If you’re suffering from a bad case of greasy hair day then dry shampoo is a WINNER. Spray close to the roots for best results and the most texture.
- *A gal on the go needs a quick fix, so if you’re in a hurry run a small amount of water through your hair in your pre-party prep and create a braid, before leaving for a few hours to form soft, gradual waves.
A fancy lunch here, a cocktail night there, a couple of work parties and before you know it, you’re all booked up! But with all this party season excitement comes the question, “What on EARTH can I wear?”.
- *The infamous LBD (little black dress) is the QUEEN of the fashion world and provides us ladies with endless looks for every occasion. Find a style and length that flatters your shape and you feel comfortable in and add a glitzy belt, hoop earrings and heels.
- *Talking of heels, don’t (we repeat, DO NOT) opt for sky-high stilettos! They might look cute but blisters, plasters and crippled feet don’t feel it. Invest in a pair of platform heeled booties that are pretty AND pain-free.
- *You might not realise it yet, but your wardrobe is lacking a statement coat! Whether its leopard print faux fur, neon pink denim or a checked trench, an eye-catching coat is practical and useful and will pull together a smart shirt and jeans in no time at all.
- *An embellished clutch bag is our final festive find! Choose a bag with a colour you wear often and this will be the perfect accessory to add the finishing touch to every outfit. The bag should be roomy enough to fit in a perfume for a day-to-night refresh, a red lipstick for last minute party invites and a makeup remover in case you don’t make it home …
Are you ready to take on the world with your party look yet? For more tips, tricks, goss and updates head on over to our Facebook page.
PS: Are you up to date with our other Flawless blog posts? We’re talking all things Christmas gifting and beauty this month!